At TripSketch Corporation‚ protecting our users' privacy and security is a top priority. For this reason‚ we have adopted the following policy to advise you of your choices regarding the use of your personal information on our website (the "Site"). This policy describes what types of information we gather about you‚ how we use it‚ under what circumstances we disclose it to third-parties‚ and your rights to update or correct it.
1. Type of Information Collected
- Traffic Data Collected. We automatically track and collect the following information when you visit our Site‚ including your: (i) IP address; (ii) domain server; (iii) type of computer; and (iv) type of web browser (collectively "Traffic Data"). Traffic Data is anonymous information that does not personally identify you but is helpful for marketing purposes or for improving your experience on the Site. We also use "cookies" to customize content specific to your interests‚ to ensure that you do not see the same advertisement repeatedly and to store your password so you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit the Site.
- Personal Information Collected. In order for you to voluntarily register and access our services on the Site‚ we require you to provide us with information that personally identities you ("Personal Information"). Personal Information may include: (i) Contact Data (such as your name‚ mailing and e-mail addresses); (ii) Financial Data (such as your account or credit card number); and (iii) Demographic Data (such as your zip code‚ age and income). If you communicate with us by e-mail‚ post messages to any of our chat groups‚ bulletin boards or forums‚ or otherwise complete online forms‚ surveys or contest entries‚ any information provided in such communication may be collected as Personal Information. We may also receive personal usage and demographic information from our third-party partners‚ and we also collect e-mail addresses from users who send us support mail or request technical or other help. This information enables TripSketch to improve the Site to make your online visits more productive and enjoyable.
2. Uses of Information Collected
We use Contact Data to send you information about our company or our services‚ or promotional material from some of our partners‚ or to contact you when necessary. We use your Financial Data to verify your qualifications for certain products or services and to bill you for products and services. We use your Demographic Data to customize and tailor your experience on the Site‚ displaying content that we think you might be interested in and according to your preferences. We collect and analyze traffic on the Site by keeping track of the IP addresses of our visitors. IP addresses are unique numeric identifiers that are assigned to each computer browser accessing the Internet. An IP address‚ by itself‚ cannot identify you personally. However‚ when combined with other information provided by your Internet Service Provider (ISP)‚ your IP address can be used to identify the computer originating a message. IP address information is not shared with any third parties. Usage information in the form of collective data enables us to figure out how often customers use parts of the service‚ so we can make the service appealing to as many customers as possible. In addition‚ we may provide statistical information to our partners about how our customers‚ collectively‚ use our service. We share this type of statistical data so that our partners also understand how often people use their areas and our service‚ so that they‚ too‚ may provide you with an optimal experience. We also collect and use information for internal purposes. For example‚ if you are a registered user of registration based services‚ we may keep records in your account history of your use of the registration based features‚ and any reported violation of our Terms of Service that you or someone on your account may have committed.
3. Sharing of Personal Information
We share Demographic Data and information about your online activities with advertisers and affiliated businesses only on an aggregate basis for advertising‚ promotional and functional purposes. We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone. We are affiliated with a variety of businesses and work closely with them. In certain situations‚ these businesses operate within TripSketch's service or sell items to you within the TripSketch service. In other situations‚ TripSketch provides services‚ or sells products jointly with affiliated businesses. You can easily recognize and typically decide when an affiliated business is associated with your transaction‚ and we will share customer information that is related to such transactions with that affiliated business. We may employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Examples may include‚ sending e-mail‚ removing repetitive information from customer lists‚ analyzing data‚ providing marketing assistance‚ and providing customer service. We may also provide your Personal Information to agents who will use it to verify aggregate usage data that we provide to our partners. In some cases‚ we may choose to buy or sell assets or businesses. In these types of transactions‚ customer information is typically one of the business assets that are transferred. Moreover‚ if TripSketch‚ or substantially all of its assets‚ were acquired‚ customer information would be one of the assets that are transferred.
4. User Choice Regarding Collection, Use and Distribution of Personal Information
You may choose not to provide us with any Personal Information. In such an event‚ you can still access and use much of the Site; however you will not be able to access and use those portions of the Site that require your Personal Information. If you do not wish to receive information and promotional material from us or from some of our partners‚ you may select the "opt-out" option as appropriate. If you are a registered user of the Services‚ you may request deletion of your account by logging in to your account and selecting the "delete account" option. Please note that some information may remain in our records after deletion of your account.
5. Confidentiality and Security of Personal Information
6. User Ability to Access, Update and Correct Personal Information
In order to ensure that all of your Personal Information is correct and up-to-date‚ at any time you may visit the TripSketch website. Through your personal profile you may: (a) review and update your Personal Information that we have already collected; (b) choose whether or not you wish us to send you information about our company‚ or promotional material from some of our partners; or (c) choose whether or not you wish us to share some of your Personal Information with third parties.
8. Lost or Stolen Information
You must promptly notify us if your credit card‚ user name or password is lost‚ stolen or used without permission. In such an event‚ we will cancel that credit card number‚ user name or password and update our records accordingly.
9. Other Limits to Your Privacy
The Site contains links to other Web sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites. We may also make chat rooms‚ forums‚ message boards‚ and news groups available to you. Please understand that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information. We have no control over its use and you should exercise caution when deciding disclose your Personal Information.
11. Internet Security
No transmission over the Internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under the control of TripSketch to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. While we strive to protect your information‚ TripSketch cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. Any such transmission is done at your own risk.
12. Protection For Children - COPPA Compliance
We are committed to protecting the privacy and rights of children online. Our site and the services available through the Company are not intended for children under the age of 13. Nevertheless‚ we believe that children should be able to use the Internet in a safe‚ productive‚ and efficient manner and should be afforded the highest protection available with respect to their personal information. To that end‚ we have made it our policy to not collect any individually identifiable information from users whom we know are under 13.The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA") imposes certain requirements upon web sites and online services that are directed toward children. To learn more about COPPA‚ click here for the Federal Trade Commission COPPA Web Site.
13. Conditions of Use
14. Third Party Sites
The Service may permit you to link to other websites on the Internet‚ and other websites may contain links to this Site. These other websites are not under TripSketch control‚ and such links do not constitute an endorsement by TripSketch of those other websites or the services offered through them. The privacy and security practices of websites linked to or from this Site are not covered by this Privacy Statement‚ and TripSketch is not responsible for the privacy or security practices or the content of such websites.
15. Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy at Company site, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Your privacy is important to us and we will make every effort to resolve your concerns.